Standing Seam Aluminum Roofing is defined as a concealed fastener metal panel system that features vertical legs and a broad, flat area between the two legs. It’s also described as having raised seams, or vertical legs, that rise above the level of the panel’s flat area. Standing seam systems can be used for either alu roofing, which is the most common, or alu walls. The main idea to remember for standing seam systems is that the fastener is hidden, whether the panel is attached to the roof deck using a clip or is directly fastened to the decking material under the vertical leg using a fastener flange.
To start up, there are four points that makes standing seam metal roofing different:
1) Easily one of the biggest benefits of standing seam metal roofing is the fact that no fasteners are visible on the surface, which means they aren’t exposed to UV, moisture, wind, and other elements that can cause a fastener to wear or fail over time. Also, standing seam systems don’t put holes in the panels that are protecting your structure.
2) Option for engineered systems tested to perform to high standards, which means they are classified as engineered systems proven to perform in extreme weather. Having this engineered option is crucial in hurricane and high-wind prone areas.
3) In standing seam metal roofing systems, the panels generally aren’t pinned, meaning they can expand and contract better. This is especially true if slider/expansion clips are installed, or, if it’s a snap-lock system, it can move freely with a clip.
4) Standing seam systems are frequently made with cool roofing coil that have highly reflective pigments and highly emissive metal. This means this system do an excellent job of reflecting the sun’s rays and dispelling the associated radiant heat that other roofing types may retain.
5) Standing seam systems can be used on structures with many different planes and sophisticated, complex designs, which is another reason why architects are specifying standing seam profiles more and more.
Sample from customer
We are Color Coating Aluminum Coil Manufacturer for Standing Seam Roof Panel Since 2002 in China. Color, size, PE film, weight can be chosen by customers.
Looking forward to your inquiry.